Figma plugin and new devices
What if you didn't have to leave Figma to create a quick mockup rendering of your app? Or a crazy detailed layer explosion for your pitch deck's title slide? Our new Figma plugin lets you do just that. We also packed three new devices, improved the scene viewport, added official device color presets and more. Have fun with release 125!
The mockup plugin lets you do three big things: wrap any Figma frame in a 3D mockup, explode your layers in 3D. And, for the first time in Figma, you can now create live captures of your iPhone's screen, wrap them in a 3D mockup in a crisp 4K image, right in Figma.
We also prepared 3 new hand-crafted 3D device models for you for this release.
Flexible work area
When you resize Rotato, the work area now makes sure all parts of the scene are visible. Plus, we added a thin border around the scene that shows you where it starts and ends when you're using a transparent background.
Official device colors
If you're looking for a high degree of realism, you might want to use the official device colors. We added an extra row of colors below the auto-extracted ones.
For the new devices, we went all in on 3D-rendered shadows. You can now find your perfect fit among 4 variations.
- When you yank artboard levitations all the way down, Rotato now stops with Swiss precision at the point where all the layers line up
- Exploded artboards can now be saved, shared and loaded in .rotato files and templates
- Rotato will now add a counter to snapshot file names if the suggested file already exists
- Background are now synced to the timeline playhead
- Fixed a bug where Rotato would move the scene when using the arrow keys in the file name box when saving a snapshot for some users
- Fixed a bug where licenses expiring around Dec 14 2021 would not allow use of the 20x faster Styro MR2 Renderer